Friday, February 5, 2010

Life is Short

Two nights ago, about two miles from where I sit, a young lady lost control of her car and ran off the road. In just a few seconds, her car left the road and her life left her body.  In just a few moments, lives were changed...forever.  Now, there is a young man left to raise a 9 month old baby alone.

These events gave me pause to think. Or more accurately, think again.  Most of us know these things, but events such as this cause us to ponder.  None of us know when our days will end.  Just because we are young, does not mean that we will live to be old.  Our days on earth are not guaranteed

You see, the rest of the story is this.  This young lady exchanged some angry words with her man.  She got in the car, drove just over a mile from her house and into eternity.  The last words exchanged with her love were exchanged in anger.  

I promised myself many years ago that I would never leave my wife's presence without kissing her.  I try my best to live up to this promise.  Seems like such a small gesture, but realizing the frailty of life, it makes sense.  Leaving the presence of the ones we love should be done in a positive manner.  Never leave your loved ones with angry words hanging in the air.  Always leave on good terms.

This young lady, sadly, left this life with relationships strained.  You still have a choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment