Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Can't Always See

I sit looking out the window at the mountains that circle the valley in which I live.  However, at the moment, the mountains to my west are not visible.  I know they are there; I saw them just minutes ago.  But at the moment they are obscured by the falling snow.

Life is much like that.  One moment, we can see our goals in the distance.  Then suddenly they are invisible.  Just as the snow prevents me from seeing the mountains that I know are there, things come between us and our goals and obscure our vision. They prevent us from seeing our goals, seeing our destination.  They cause us to lose our bearings and become disoriented.

Even though the snow is pouring at the moment and I can't see even the outline of the mountains, I know they are there.  I know what direction they are and I know my orientation.  I do not let the snow prevent me from moving in the right direction.  I do not let the snow keep me from enjoying the beauty I know exists just beyond my vision at the moment.

Be encouraged.  Don't let the things of life, the business of life, the cares of life, blur your vision of your goals.  Just as the snow will stop and I will see the mountains again, so the things that are blocking your vision of your goals will cease.  Keep your bearings.  Stay the course.

1 comment:

  1. Pastor Ric,
    Loved this post! The other morning we had fog that thick and I thought of how wonderful it was that the “negative” things that normally surround the area were covered for just a while – but you’ve made me think about this in another wonderful way.

    I would love snow that is pouring enough to hide a mountain – the thought of that is amazing to me.

    Fog, rain, pouring snow are all beautiful to me (as well as sunshine) but you are correct in that many let these things blur our vision. Love this by you!

    “Be encouraged. Don't let the things of life, the business of life, the cares of life, blur your vision of your goals. Just as the snow will stop and I will see the mountains again, so the things that are blocking your vision of your goals will cease. Keep your bearings. Stay the course.”

    Staying the course and keeping joy for the journey – no matter the weather…..
    @spreadingJOY

    ReplyDelete