Saturday, January 2, 2010

What We Leave Behind

It is snowing and blowing here this morning.  About five minutes ago, I was walking in the snow outside.  Now, I can hardly see the tracks I made.  Hard to believe that in just a few minutes, there is virtually no evidence of where I was.

You know, life is much like that.  We live.  We walk through life hoping to make an impact.  But almost as quickly as we take a step, our previous step is all but forgotten.  Most of us will never be remembered by history.  For most of us, our impact on this world will never be colossal.  But that does not discourage us from taking the journey.

Each of us arise each morning and touch the lives of dozens of people.  And for the most part, nobody even notices.  But that does not keep us from getting up the next day and doing it again.  We recognize that most of us are never going to be famous.  That most of us are never going to be interviewed on national television.  But we keeping living our lives.  Touching our friends, family and strangers.

When I walked through the snow, there was an immediate impact on the area I stepped. For a moment, you could see my step, you could see my impact.  However, that did not last. And, more importantly, it will not prevent me from stepping again.

A new year, and a new decade, lie before us.  There are new steps to take, new lives to impact.  Do not let the lack of recognition or notoriety stop you.  You are living your life and touching people.  Make the best of each day.  Decide in this new year to purposefully live your life to impact your world.  Even though it seems the world does not notice, Someone sees your every step.

No comments:

Post a Comment