Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day

A day to celebrate the man in our life who made us what we are. The gave us physical life. They provided for us. They taught us the rules of baseball and football. They taught us the value of work. They taught us the value of love. They taught us leadership by living it. They taught us integrity by showing it. They taught us that there is strength in emotions. They showed us love by loving us...ALL the time; even when we disappointed them.

I know that some of you did not have a father that lived up to these things. Some of you were abandoned, some abused. I am truly sorry that you did not have that opportunity to experience what a REAL man, a REAL father is. But I can tell you this: God wants to show you.

You see, God is all of the things I mentioned above. He gave me life. He is my provision, providing daily for my needs. He has taught me the rules; He has listed the, in His Word. He has taught me the value of work through His creative acts. He taught me the value of love by sending His Son. He taught me leadership by living it; really, it doesn't get any better than that! Integrity? Do I really have to explain that one? Strength in emotions; the "emotions" of God have brought us Mercy, Grace. And, lastly, God's unconditional love toward us. Where would we be without it?

Today I take time to say: Thank you to my earthly dad for always being there. Thank you to my heavenly dad for always being there.

No comments:

Post a Comment