Thursday, October 1, 2009

Don't Let Your Dreams Die

At 8:41pm CDT, I was jetting down the runway at Houston Intercontinental Airport in a Embraer RJ135 heading for Torreon, Mexico.  As the plane lifted from the runway, I looked over the city.  My thoughts turned to two places:  My destination and my home.  I sat amazed as I thought of where I was from and where I was going.  I am presently living in the mountains of West Virginia and I am on my way to the mountains of Mexico.  I presently pour into a community of believers in West Virginia and I am headed to Mexico to do the same.

You see, this dream actually began about six years ago.  I was asked to dream big for the Kingdom.  And I did.  I wrote on the card they handed me "Teach at a Bible School outside the United States."  That dream was bigger than me.  At the time, I did not know any administrators of a Bible School...let alone an administrator outside of the US.  However, that dream did not die.  I held on to it.  I nurtured it.  I prepared for it;  even though I had no idea how I would fulfill it.  Or, even if it would ever come to pass.

Well, it has come to pass.  As I write this, I am watching the sun rise over the beautiful city of Torreon.  What dreams are you holding on to?  Has it been a long time in coming?  Don't let them die.  My dream did not die...it has come to pass...in a way I never could have imagined.   

1 comment: